07 Feb Cosmetic Tattoo Healing Schedule
Permanent makeup procedures are affected by the canvas (your skin) that they are performed on. If your skin is sun damaged (even from tanning beds), thick or uneven in texture, or excessively dry or oily, the result cannot expect to be perfect after the initial procedure. The Feather Clinic cosmetic healing schedule is designed to assist you in your journey to looking your best.
Cosmetic tattoo healing schedule
What will you notice in the days following the treatment?
- Day 1-2 – The eyebrows are approximately 20 to 25% darker and bolder in width than they will be when healed. Your skin is red under the pigment which causes the colour of the pigment to look darker. There will be some swelling, although it may be difficult to see due to the thickness of the skin in the eyebrow area – This will subside. Exfoliation, which begins in a few days, will cause excess pigment surrounding the treatment area to flake away, leaving a truer and softer appearance of your eyebrows. Do not get concerned that your eyebrows appear darker and more concentrated then desired, this is all part of the healing process.
- Day 3 – Your eyebrows will start to itch and appear thicker in texture. Exfoliation begins.
- Day 4 – The skin begins to flake – peeling from the outside edges first.
- Day 5 – Colour finishes flaking off and appears softer and grayer for a few days until colour clarifies.
- Week 2 – Your new look will begin to shine. By now, your swelling and excess colouring will have subsided and you are left with a truer indication of the final result. you may notice a few areas that might need more pigment added, this is what our followup consultations are designed for.
- 4-6 Weeks – We book you in for your follow up consultation 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment. In this consultation, we will be optimising your brows/lips/eyelids to ensure that any areas of pigment that were dull or sparse are topped up for maximum impact.